top of page
Worker with Ladder

Our Services

What We Provide

Blueprint Design

Professional CAD Drawings

Full CAD Suite of Services 

Retired Guy Drafting & Residential is committed to getting the job done, especially when it comes to your planning needs . You can count on us to be professional, timely, efficient and make sure you’re satisfied every step of the way.  The level of detail we can provide is dependent on the level you desire for your piece of mind with your project.

Ontario Building Code Compliant

Retired Guy Drafting is fully insured and BCIN registered with the Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing for Ontario Building Code Designer work int he areas of Houses and Small Buildings. 

BCIN #129250

What Does BCIN Registered Mean for YOU?

The BCIN (Building Code Identification Number) is a unique number required on all drawings submitted for a building permit in Ontario, Canada. It may also be used when corresponding with the Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing regarding any building-related work that may require a qualified firm or designer.

Why It’s a Requirement and Who Needs it?

The purpose of the BCIN is to ensure that construction in Ontario, Canada, is safe and up to code.

The following professionals and businesses are required to be qualified and registered with the Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs:

  • building officials (this includes on-site inspectors)

  • certain classes of designers

  • on-site sewage system installers

  • registered code agencies

There are strict standards in place to provide the BCIN on construction drawings and be able to inspect those buildings.

  1. One must first apply to receive a BCIN from the ministry.

  2. Once individuals receive a number, they must complete the examination program in their area of study.

  3. Once the program and exams are passed, the individual or agency must then register with the ministry.

These professionals and businesses must also show proof of insurance. Additionally, there is an annual fee, and re-registration is required every year.

To locate a BCIN certified designer (or any of the above), the ministry provides a public register for consumers. You can find it online here.

bottom of page